I think most parents raise their kids the same way their parents raised therm. They were taught that being strict with their children is good parenting. These are often the parents that see no problem in hitting a child. I think it's ridiculous that if someone sees someone hitting an animal he or she can be arrested and charged with animal cruelty, but most parents are not punished for hitting their kids. I think hitting a child is just a parent's over reaction to a situation. The parent lets their anger get the best of them. However, I think there are worst ways to punish a child than by using violence. The parent can take away television, video game, or cell phone privileges. If a parent is hitting a toddler it's even worse because the parent should know that their child doesn't know any better.
I used to work with preschoolers and they would sometimes spill things. It would irritate me, but then the teacher would come in and say, "oh, it's okay." The teacher made sure that the child wouldn't feel bad they did. I used to think, 'so that's how you react.'
No comments:
Post a Comment